Planned Investment Company
Planned Investment Company was founded in 1958 by George B. Steel, Jr. In 1969, Planned Investment Company incorporated and at the same time added a registered investment advisory designation to its' securities broker-dealer business. In addition, George B. Steel, Jr. & Associates, Inc. was established for insurance and annuity business. Planned Investment Company, Inc. is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana with a branch office in Columbus, Indiana.
In the late-1950s and through the mid-70s, Planned Investment Company was one of the first investment firms to be actively involved in monthly investment plans and mutual funds. The firm added stock and bond trading in the late 1960s.
In 1987, G. Donald Steel assumed majority ownership of the company and was named President and Chief Executive Officer. Planned Investment Co., Inc. is a member of the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA, formerly known as NASD), the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB), the Securities Investors Protection Corporation (SIPC), as well as several trade organizations.