5 Ways to Banish Stress This Holiday Season
We all get stressed this time of year. Ok, all year. But the holidays are especially exciting, busy, and full of tasks.
To ensure you have enough energy to last the rest of the year, try out these stress relieving tips!
1. Breathe. It’s one of the easiest things to forget about and one of the most helpful tools once you remember it. It’s as easy as noticing you’re overwhelmed or anxious, then pausing to take a deep breath. You get the most benefit out deep breathing with the expansion of your abdomen, not your chest. Here are a couple of breathing techniques:
- 4-7-8 Breathing
- Alternate Nostril Breathing
2. Participate in activities that bring you joy. It may seem difficult to add this to your endless list of things to do, but making sure you’re doing things that make you happy will brighten your spirits and make your other tasks less of a burden.
3. Be grateful. As you’re shopping for gifts and preparing your house for guests, stay positive and take time to truly appreciate all that you have this season. Show that you’re thankful by smiling at people you pass, writing letters to loved ones, or keeping a gratitude journal.
4. Get outside. The weather has been incredibly mild for Indianapolis in December. Take advantage! Whether it’s a quick walk around the block or a trip to some nearby trails, fresh air never disappoints. Need some inspiration? Check out these trails.
5. Take care of yourself. Eating well, getting enough sleep, trying self-massage, or whatever makes you feel good will provide you with the energy needed to take care of others.
Looking for more tips? Take a look here!