Indiana News

Decision on Carmel Hazing Charges at Least Two Weeks Off

Prosecutor: More time needed to schedule and conduct interviews

4/26/2010

A decision on possible criminal charges in a Carmel High School hazing incident is at least a couple of weeks away.

Listen:


The investigation began January 22 when a Carmel basketball player reported teammates had assaulted him on the bus ride home from a game at South Vigo. After two months, Hamilton County prosecutors announced the bus had been in Hendricks County at the time, and shipped the case there.

Hendricks County Prosecutor Patricia Baldwin had said she expected a decision by the end of April, but says there are still several more interviews to conduct. She says coordinating everyone's schedules will take at least a couple more weeks.

Carmel police have released only a heavily blacked-out version of the official police report, declining to release the precise nature of the allegations. The report does indicate police classified the incident as a possible case of criminal deviate sexual conduct, confinement and battery.
·
Like

Copyright by WIBC.com © 2012. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


WIBC News Traffic Hotline

If you see a news story or traffic tie-up, let us know!

Call:  317.637.6397

Email:  news@wibc.com

Send photos:   pictures@wibc.com

Search WIBC.com

Garrison Chicks Abdul At Large Abdul At Large