Fire At Camp Belzer
(photo courtesy of RTV6)
An early morning fire at Camp Belzer in Lawrence is under investigation.
The fire sparked about 4:30 a.m. Thursday in the 6100 block of Boy Scout Road. A park ranger discovered the fire after he heard an explosion, firefighters said. The K Hut multipurpose building burned to the ground.
“There have been several vandalism attempts to this building in the past,” Lawrence Fire Department Chief Dino Batalis said.
The blaze marks the second fire at the campground in two years, officials said.