Indiana News

Carmel Resident Recovering Following CO Incident

11/21/2013


(WIBC.com photo: Eric Berman)

Six people are recovering after the Carmel fire officials say they became overwhelmed by carbon monoxide fumes late Wednesday.

Listen:

Carmel Fire Marshal Bruce Knott says someone left their SUV engine running in the Legacy Towns and Flats at 146th Street and River Road. Knott says no one was inside the garage where emergency crews found the vehicle which had a near empty gas tank. Knott says they evacuated more than a dozen people from the building.

Knott says crews detected very high levels of CO in the building. Knott adds that the building is all electric so no one had CO detectors. He says it's still a good idea for people to invest in the devices. Knott says they're still investigating the incident.

·
Like

Copyright by WIBC.com © 2012. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


WIBC News Traffic Hotline

If you see a news story or traffic tie-up, let us know!

Call:  317.637.6397

Email:  news@wibc.com

Send photos:   pictures@wibc.com

Search WIBC.com

Garrison Chicks Abdul At Large Abdul At Large