Local News

News > Local News > IMPD: Missing Man Found Safe

IMPD: Missing Man Found Safe

Douglas Dostatni was last seen leaving Homewood Suites hotel in downtown Indy

Douglas Dostatni (photo courtesy IMPD)

Metro Police say the man reported missing Friday night has been found safe.

58-year-old Douglas Dostatni was reported missing just before 7:00 p.m. Monday after being seen last walking from the Homewood Suites in downtown Indianapolis.  He is mentally handicapped and functions at the mental capacity of a 12-year-old.

However, police said late Monday night that Dostatni was found safe and unharmed around 11:00 p.m. near the intersection of Maryland Street and Capitol Avenue.  He has been reunited with his family.

Other Articles You May Like

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – The teen arrested in May for going on a “Purge” killing spree could face the death penalty...
PHOTO: IMPD and RTV6 INDIANAPOLIS, Ind.--The officer who was shot by a man who is now dead, is recovering in the...
PHILADELPHIA, Penn. — Indiana Gov. Mike Pence said he believes what has gone on so far with the Democratic...
(MUNCIE) - Muncie's homeless community will soon have someplace to sleep with a roof and four walls. A miniature...
(FISHERS) - Fishers police say they can't do anything about the Ku Klux Klan fliers left in the yards of dozens of...