Massive Recall Hits Frozen Veggies Sold at Aldi, Trader Joe's, More
NATIONWIDE - Mann Packaging has made a double nationwide recall of over 20 vegetable products after random testing of one of the products by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency found listeria.
Store brands from Walmart, Aldi, Trader Joe's and others are affected.
The original recall only included products under the Mann brand but has been expanded to include all the brands made around the same time in the same facility that were shipped across the United States and Canada.
Affected brands include:
- Walmart store brand: Broccoli Florets, Broccoli Cauliflower Florets, Broccoli Slaw, Stir Fry Medley, Cauliflower Florets, Cauliflower, Super Blend and Vegetable Medley.
- Trader Joe’s store brand: Kohlrabi Salad Blend.
- Aldi store brand: Little Salad Bar Broccoli Florets and Broccoli Slaw.
- Safeway and Albertson’s store brands: Signature Farms, Meat & Cheese Tray, Broccoli Cauliflower Florets, Broccoli Slaw, Broccoli Stir Fry, Broccoli Florets, Veggie Tray with Ranch Dip, Vegetable Medley and Veggie & Hummus Tray.
- Archer Farms brand: Broccoli Florets, Broccoli Cauliflower Florets, Broccoli Slaw, Broccoli Medley, Cauliflower Florets, Brussels Sprouts and Shaved Brussels Sprouts.
While the FDA posted recall notice says no public agencies have linked an individual’s sickness with the products, the listeria may be out of the barn, according to Mann.
Most of these products have a Best By date of Oct. 11 through Oct. 20.
Listeria infections can be fatal in the young, the elderly, anyone with damaged immune systems and can cause pregnancy miscarriages or stillbirths. Normal, healthy people usually suffer flu-like symptoms such as high fever, harsh headaches, nausea and diarrhea.
Consumers with questions can call Mann Packing, 24 hours a day, at 888-470-2681.
(Photo by igorsm8/Thinkstock.)