RECALL: Meijer Issues Recall for Glass in Yogurt Cups
INDIANAPOLIS -- Meijer is recalling its brand of Greek and low-fat yogurt, due to the risk of glass particles.
Meijer said they became aware when a customer returned the yogurt with two small pieces of glass. The company inspected its facility, and learned other cups may have been contaminated.
There have been no illnesses, injuries or additional product concerns to date. The hazard risk to customers is considered low, according to the FDA.
The products were sold in Indiana, Meijer says.
The recalled yogurts below all have an expiration date of March 8:
- Meijer Greek Yogurt 0% Black Cherry, 5.3 oz.
- Meijer Greek Yogurt 0% Plain, 5.3 oz.
- Meijer Greek Yogurt 0% Vanilla, 5.3 oz.
- Meijer Greek Yogurt 0% Strawberry, 5.3 oz.
- Meijer Greek Yogurt 0% Blueberry, 5.3 oz.
- Meijer Yogurt Low-fat Blueberry, 6 oz.
Consumers with questions regarding this recall should contact Meijer at 800-543-3704.
(Photo by RTV6.)