Paul George to Leave Pacers after Next Season
INDIANAPOLIS -- Paul George has told the Indiana Pacers that he will not re-sign for the 2018 season, according to a report released by The Vertical on Sunday.
George is reportedly interested in signing with the Los Angeles Lakers when he becomes a free agent in 2018.
On Thursday, George told reporters that he was committed to playing with the Pacers through the next season because he is still under contract.
George failed to make the All-NBA Team last month, causing him to lose out on a huge extension from the Pacers that would have given him extra incentive to stay with Indiana.
George has always been linked to the Lakers after having grown up in Southern California. The 27-year-old is coming off a year with 23.7 points per game, 3.3 assists per game and 6.6 rebounds per game for a team who exited in the first round of the playoffs in a sweep by the Cleveland Cavaliers.
It was George's best shooting year of his career, making 46 percent of his shots from the field.
(Photo by RTV6)