Abdul At Large
The Survey Also Said...
The same Axios/Survey Monkey poll which showed incumbent U.S. Senator Joe Donnelly losing 45-51 percent to a generic Republican in November also revealed quite a few other items concerning Hoosiers’ attitudes towards other issues and elected officials; including a majority support for tax reform as well as DACA, the deferred action program that would allow the children of illegal immigrants to stay in the country under certain circumstances .
I spend some time looking at the data which consisted of interviews with 1,809 registered voters between February 12 and March 5, 69 percent of which say they plan to vote in the midterm elections.
It revealed the following…
- Jobs & the Economy – 22%
- Health Care – 23%
- Immigration – 16%
Donald Trump Approval Rating
- 53 % strongly or somewhat approve
- 46 % strongly or somewhat disapprove
Joe Donnelly Approval Rating
- 48 % strongly or somewhat approve
- 44 % strongly or somewhat disapprove
Todd Young Approval Rating
- 50 % strongly or somewhat approve
- 42 % strongly or somewhat disapprove
Eric Holcomb Approval Rating
- 60 % strongly or somewhat approve
- 33 % strongly or somewhat disapprove
Is the National Economy Better or Worse Off than a Year Ago?
- 54% – better off
- 29 % – the same
- 17 % – worse
Undocumented immigrants in the United States should be
- Offered the chance to apply for legal status. – 67%
- Deported back to country they came from – 32%
Do you support DACA?
- 62% – Yes
- 36 % – No
What should Congress do about the Affordable Care Act?
- 60% – modify it to make it better/let it stand
- 38 % – Repeal/Let it Fail
Do you approve or disapprove of the tax law passed in December?
- 59 % strongly or somewhat approve
- 38 % strongly or somewhat disapprove
Do you think you will personally benefit from tax reform?
- 45 % – Yes
- 53 % – No
Investigations into allegations the Trump campaign had interactions with the Russians?
- 43 % said it was a serious matter.
- 53 % said it was a distraction.
- 39 % – Republicans
- 25 % – Democrat
- 34 % – Independent