Abdul At Large
The Top 10 Things You Need to Know About Hogsett's Budget
Aug. 12, 2019
Here are the top 10 things you need to know about the budget Indianapolis Mayor Joe Hogsett is introducing Monday night to the Indianapolis City-County Council.
- Takes in $1,212,441,180 in revenue.
- Spends $1,212,268,739.
- Increases city fund balances by $171,441.
- $317 million of the city revenue is from property taxes, $354 million from incomes taxes.
- Sixty percent of the budget is public safety and criminal justice.
- $1.2 million set aside for police body cams if the city decides to purchase them.
- Two-percent average salary increase for IMPD and IFD.
- $500,000 to combat food insecurity, $300,000 for homelessness and $250,000 in additional crime prevention grant dollars.
- $118 million for roads, bridges and other infrastructure. $31.5 million for stormwater projects.
- Pays down $12 million long-term debt and adds about $1 million to the fiscal stability fund.
Photo: Indy Politics