Chicks on the Right
Democrats Decry Cost of Wall, Inefficiency; Here's Why They're Full of Crap
(Saul Loeb/Getty Images)
Democrats are holding 800,000 Federal workers' paychecks hostage while acting like spoiled, bratty, entitled adolescents in desperate need of a trip to the woodshed. They claim to want border security. They claim a wall is a waste of money and isn't an effective solution. They claim there are cheaper and more efficient technologies. In short, they're just trying to serve the interests of the American people and spend our tax dollars wisely.
Ah, what a delightful and satisfying moment to savor indeed: Democrats pretending to care about smart spending and fiscal responsibility.
See kids? No progressive imbecile or group of imbeciles is incapable of change. Yea, though the liberal's mind is a perverse and disastrous wasteland of dimwitted foolishness, he, she, ze, zir, ve or xe can reject the religion of liberalism - a lifestyle that embraces a complete and total absence of logic - and find redemption in conservative principles.
Yes, our hearts find encouragement in the promise of a better tomorrow knowing that the Democrats in Washington are FINALLY serious about cutting government waste.
Now that Democrats have pretended to embrace fiscal responsibility and a desire to eliminate federal expenditures on obsolete crap, they can immediately begin tackling other grotesque areas of government waste. In fact, we've taken the liberty of compiling a list of favorites from the "How Politicians Wiped Their Rear-Ends with Your Tax Dollars" collection to aid in their efforts.
Enjoy a swig of Pepto Bismol and take a gander, won't you?
1. $55 billion on obsolete and inefficient technology - $49.3 billion more than Trump's request for the wall. (source)
The federal government gets an $80 billion technology budget each year. According to the U.S. Government Accountability Office, $55 billion of those funds is used for “services that do not use solutions often viewed as more efficient.”
Want specifics? According to the report, the Department of Defense still uses floppy disks for the system that operates our nuclear weapons.
That's right; our nuclear weapons are controlled by floppy disks! And you thought WALLS were outdated technology.
2. An Estimated $60 Billion Annually in Medicare Fraud and Billing Mistakes - $54.3 billion more than Trump's ONE TIME request for the wall. (source)
3. $25 Billion Annually Maintaining Vacant and Unused Buildings - $19.3 billion more than Trump's ONE TIME request for the wall. (source)
4. $123 Billion Annual for Ineffective Government Programs - $117.3 billion more than Trump's ONE TIME request for the wall. (source)
Government auditors spent five years examining all federal programs and found that 22 percent of them - costing taxpayers a total of $123 billion annually - failed to show any positive impact on the populations they serve.
5. $295 Billion in Cost Overruns Related to Pentagon Weapons Systems, According to a GAO Audit - $289.3 billion more than Trump's request for the wall. (source)
Okay, so we're cherry-picking from the examples where fraud and overspending were the most egregious and obscene. You got us; we're busted.
Yes, we admit that we chose to focus on - as Trump would say - "billions and billions" in waste over the years while excluding the times that fraud and unnecessary spending were far less severe.
- The time Washington spent $2.6 million training Chinese prostitutes to drink more responsibly on the job.
- The time Obama financed our long-term debt with short-term bonds while rates were at historical lows to "reduce" the annual deficit while he was in office - screwing the country and his successor in the process.
- The time a GAO audit classified nearly half of all purchases on government credit cards as improper, fraudulent, or embezzled.
- The time two drafting errors in the 2005 Deficit Reduction Act resulted in a $2 billion taxpayer cost.
- The time Washington spent $3 billion re-sanding beaches.
- The time Congress gave Alaska Airlines $500,000 to paint a Chinook salmon on a Boeing 737.
- The time auditors discovered that 900,000 of the 2.5 million recipients of emergency Katrina assistance provided false names, addresses, or Social Security numbers or submitted multiple applications.
- The time a government report found that Congress has ignored efficiency recommendations from the Department of Health and Human Services that would save $9 billion annually.
- The time the Securities and Exchange Commission spent $3.9 million rearranging desks and offices at its Washington, D.C., headquarters.
- The time the Pentagon spent $998,798 shipping two 19-cent washers from South Carolina to Texas and $293,451 sending an 89-cent washer from South Carolina to Florida.
Yes friends, the opportunities for prudent, wise, fiscally-responsible Democrats to save American taxpayers billions of dollars annually are limitless indeed.
Our genuine thanks to what will undoubtedly be the most strategic and budget-conscious generation of congressional democrats in the history of the Republic.
In conclusion: BUILD THE DAMN WALL!
And also check out this hour of the Chicks on the Right for more about the battle over the border wall: