The Hammer and Nigel Show
Survey: 10 Most Embarrassing Social Situations
Ever had one of those embarrassing moments in a social situation that was so humiliating that suicide felt like the most logical next step to take?
Maybe you released a noxious squeaker on a first date?
Perhaps you floated an air biscuit during the most solemn moment of Grandma's funeral?
Perchance you performed an ear-ringing trouser cough while Pastor Pete was mid-prayer?
Publicly passing gas was just one of many charmingly shameful moments of mortification that were presented on a survey intended to discover respondents' top 10 Most Embarrassing Social Situations:
- Coughing in a quiet place. 52% of people in the poll said it’s embarrassing.
- Saying something stupid in front of your boss, 43%.
- Forgetting someone’s name, 40%
- Passing gas in public, 37%. (Only 37% think that’s embarrassing?)
- Falling asleep in public, also 37%.
- Having the hiccups in a work meeting, 36%.
- Tripping in public, 36%.
- Your significant other having a temper tantrum in public, 34%.
- Your child having a temper tantrum in public, also 34%.
- Public speaking, 32%.
How can coughing in a quiet space be considered more humiliating than passing gas in public? I question the accuracy of this survey.
What are Hammer and Nigel's picks? Click below to find out.