Democrat Rep. Ilhan Omar referred to President Donald Trump’s re-election campaign events with his supporters as “Klan rallies” Monday.
Rep. Omar, one of the first Muslim women elected to congress, made the comments in an interview conducted by The Washington Post.
“He chose to speak about me at every single rally,” Omar said of President Trump, adding that “it didn’t really matter where he was—sometimes multiple times in a day, as he had held his Klan rallies throughout the country.”
The KKK is a white supremacist hate group that targets blacks as well as immigrants, leftists and Jews, and opposed the civil rights movement. It was founded in the late 1860s by Democrat Nathan Bedford Forrest.
- Since its founding in 1829, the Democratic Party has fought against every major civil rights initiative, and has a long history of discrimination.
- The Democratic Party defended slavery, started the Civil War, opposed Reconstruction, founded the Ku Klux Klan, imposed segregation, perpetrated lynchings, and fought against the civil rights acts of the 1950s and 1960s.
- The Republican Party was founded in 1854 as an anti-slavery party. Its mission was to stop the spread of slavery into the new western territories with the aim of abolishing it entirely. This effort, however, was dealt a major blow by the Supreme Court. In the 1857 case Dred Scott v. Sandford, the court ruled that slaves aren’t citizens; they’re property. The seven justices who voted in favor of slavery? All Democrats. The two justices who dissented? Both Republicans.
- The issue of slavery was ultimately settled by the Civil War. The commander-in-chief during that war was the first Republican President, Abraham Lincoln – the man who freed the slaves.
- Six days after the Confederate army surrendered, John Wilkes Booth, a Democrat, assassinated President Lincoln. Lincoln’s vice president, a Democrat named Andrew Johnson, assumed the presidency. But Johnson adamantly opposed Lincoln’s plan to integrate the newly freed slaves into the South’s economic and social order.
- Johnson and the Democratic Party were unified in their opposition to the 13th Amendment, which abolished slavery; the 14th Amendment, which gave blacks citizenship; and the 15th Amendment, which gave blacks the vote. All three passed only because of universal Republican support.
- The only serious congressional opposition to the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964 came from Democrats.
But anyway, here’s Rep. Ilhan Omar referring to gatherings of Republicans as “Klan rallies.”
In fairness, Rep. Omar seems like a nice enough gal once you get past the ignorance, frequent anti-Semitism, and anti-American views.
Mock n’ Rob have more in the clip below.