Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden stepped before a crowd of energy workers in Pennsylvania Monday and offered his heartfelt assurances that his administration would not ban fracking.
“There’s a place for the energy workers right here in Pennsylvania. I am not banning fracking,” Biden pledged. “Let me say that again. I am not banning fracking. No matter how many times Donald Trump lies about me.”
Biden discusses his energy plan: "I am not banning fracking. Let me say that again: I am not banning fracking. No matter how many times Donald Trump lies about me." https://t.co/LBywpukq9G pic.twitter.com/B5QXkBoQbt
— CBS News (@CBSNews) August 31, 2020
Those workers whose livelihoods depend on the prosperity of the energy industry felt a huge sense of relief upon hearing Biden’s assurances.
Unfortunately, the former Vice President is “a lying bald-faced pony soldier.”
(1) On January 24, 2020, speaking to a New Hampshire voter, Biden said he would stop fracking. The woman voter asked, “But like, what about, say, stopping fracking?”
Biden answered, “Yes.”
Woman voter: “And stopping pipeline infrastructure?”
(2) On March 15, 2020, a Democratic presidential debate between Biden and Senator Bernie Sanders was hosted by CNN, moderated by CNN’s Jake Tapper. During that debate, there was this exchange:
Sanders: What this moment is about Joe, is that the scientists are telling us they underestimated the severity of the crisis. They were wrong. The problem is more severe. So all that I’m saying right here is that we are fighting for the future of this planet, for the wellbeing of our kids and future generations. You cannot continue, as I understand Joe believes, to continue fracking, correct me if I’m wrong. What we need to do right now is bringing the world together, tell the fossil fuel industry that we are going to move aggressively to win solar, sustainable energies-
Tapper: Thank you.
Sanders: … and energy efficiency.
Tapper: Thank you, Senator.
Biden: No more, no new fracking.
(3) Also in that debate, Biden stated, “Number one, no more subsidies for the fossil fuel industry. No more drilling on federal lands. No more drilling, including offshore. No ability for the oil industry to continue to drill, period, ends, number one.”
(4) In December 2019, Biden said of coal miners, “Anybody who can go down 300 to 3,000 feet in a mine can sure as hell learn to program as well…Give me a break! Anybody who can throw coal into a furnace can learn how to program, for God’s sake!”
(5) At a Democratic presidential debate in late July 2019, CNN’s Dana Bash asked Biden, “Just to clarify, would there be any place for fossil fuels, including coal and fracking, in a Biden administration?”
Biden answered, “No. We would — we would work it out. Make sure it’s eliminated and no more subsidies for either one of those. Either — any fossil fuel.”
And there are numerous other instances of Biden pledging to voters that he would ban fracking and cripple the energy industry.
Check out the video below for a “Best of Biden” Fracking Edition:
(6) Biden’s running mate, Kamala Harris, is in favor of banning fracking too.
I’d say Biden and Harris need to get on the same page, but they already are.
To be fair, it’s quite possible that Biden didn’t intend to lie. He’s a man in cognitive decline, after all. Maybe he just forgot.
WIBC’s Tony Katz offers his thoughts on Biden’s comments in the clip below.