INDIANAPOLIS — You can hear a concert, hang out with friends, and get a measles shot during Carb Day at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
IU Health is offering measles vaccines to eligible race fans Friday at the IU Health Infield Care Center at IMS. Click here to view the Infield Care Center on an IMS Track Map.
To be eligible for the measles shot, you must meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Adults who aren’t sure of the specific measles vaccine that they received
- Adults who don’t know if they received the measles vaccine
- Adults who are health care workers (not just clinical staff)
- Students at post-secondary schools (such as colleges or vocational schools)
- Any adults born after 1957 who may have received an inactivated measles vaccine between 1963 and 1968
The vaccine is covered by most insurance. If you are not insured, you will be required to pay for the vaccine.
(Photo by MediNews Group/Getty.)