15-Year-Old Muncie Girl Calls 911 To Report Mother's Drug Overdose
MUNCIE, Ind. – A 911 dispatcher says a 15-year-old girl is likely the reason her mother is alive after she had overdosed Monday morning.
John Miller, who is a 911 operator in Muncie, tells WISH-TV a call came in to dispatch from a man saying, “I need a (expletive) ambulance."
The man told Miller somebody had overdosed, but was unable to say the address of the home from where he was calling.
Miller then asked the man to give the phone to someone else. That’s when a 15-year-old girl spoke with Miller gave him the location of the home.
Police say they showed up at the home and found Meghan Conn passed out. Officers used Narcan to help revive her.
"She probably saved her mother's life," says Miller. "Had it not been for her knowing her address, I probably would have been on the phone for another minute or two."
According to police, the 15-year-old also tried to give her mom CPR in front of her nine-year-old brother, who was also in the home.
Meghan Conn and her husband Brandon Conn were both taken to the hospital to be treated. Once they were released, they were taken to jail and booked on two counts each of Neglect of a Dependent.
"At 15, they should be worried about sports or who they're going to their middle school dance with," says Miller. "They should not be worrying about if their mom is going to live or not."
Investigators say the children are now staying with an aunt.
Photo: Delaware County Sheriff’s Office