Eight Arrested in Two Drug Busts on Indy's Northeast Side
INDIANAPOLIS--Eight people have been arrested and thousands of dollars in drugs have been confiscated--in two drug busts on the northeast side.
The busts happened in two homes August 9th in the 2800 block of N. Gladstone, which is not far from Colorado & 29th Park.
A long list of preliminary charges includes neglect of a child who was present in one of the two homes raided by IMPD who were assisted by Indiana State Police.
In one home alone, officers seized 20 pounds of the synthetic drug "spice", six pounds of marijuana, ten grams of heroin, 50 pills--identified as the drug ecstasy, electronc scales, two vehicles and three loaded handguns--one of them stolen.
IMPD Detectives arrested the following people:
- Chester Irons (27) who was preliminarily charged with dealing/possession of synthetic cannabis, dealing/possession of marijuana, maintaining a common nuisance, neglect of a child.
- Juquan Irons (25) dealing/possession of synthetic cannabis, dealing/possession of marijuana, maintaining a common nuisance and neglect of a child.
- Gabriel West (22) visiting a common nuisance
- Nykia Thigfen (23) possession of synthetic cannabis, possession of marijuana, maintaining a common nuisance.
- Raven Faulkner (26) visiting a common nuisance
- Dedrick Brown (25) unlawful possession of a handgun by a felon, dealing/possession of synthetic cannabis
- Travon Mays (20) visiting a common nuisance
- Rachel Nicholson (35) maintaing a common nuisance
The Marion County Prosecutor's Office is now reviewing the case.