IMPD: Man Shot During Business Transaction on Indy's Southwest Side
INDIANAPOLIS--Four people were shot in Indianapolis in a span of three hours Monday.
IMPD says one person was killed and the rest were injured. In the one where a man was killed, IMPD officer Genae Cook says two men starting arguing while trying to conduct some kind of business deal.
"At that point, there was a fight over the weapon and one person was shot," Cook said.
It happened on Mann Road in front of Mann Pantry. That's on Indy's southwest side just north of the Mann Road and Thompson Road intersection. Cook says the second man involved in the incident was cooperating with investigators and has not been arrested.
“I watched that [man] take his last breath,” a witness named Kiersten Risk told WISH-TV. “I was so scared! I thought my life was coming to an end.”
IMPD is encouraging anyone who's meeting someone they met online to buy or sell anything to make the exchange at a police station.
"At each roll call, we have areas set up for e-commerce and we ask [community members to] please use those. We prefer everybody to be safe," Cook said.
IMPD operates video-monitored e-commerce exchange zones at the following police districts:
- North District Headquarters – 3120 E 30th St
- East District Headquarters – 201 N Shadeland Ave
- Southeast District Headquarters – 1150 S Shelby St
- Southwest District Headquarters – 551 N King St
- Northwest District Headquarters – 3821 Industrial Blvd
- Downtown District Headquarters – 39 W Jackson Pl, Suite 500