Indy Is the Country's Most Stressed City, Says New Study
INDIANAPOLIS--Indy is the most stressed city in the country, says a new study by a company called Just Great Lawyers. People in Indy are stressed most about money, politics, and their jobs, says the study, which ranked most stressed cities in the U.S. from one to 25.
The Just Great Lawyers press release said the surveyors "got personal" with 2,700 people in 25 major cities in the country to get their results. The lawyers who run the site said they wondered if other people are as stressed as attorneys.
"We started wondering: Is everybody as stressed out as lawyers are? Who are the most stressed-out people in America? How old are they? Where do they live? What do they do? And what stresses them out the most? Then we commissioned an independent research firm to conduct a survey to get answers to these questions."
Houston was second on the list. Washington, D.C. was third.
The takeaways from the survey:
- Indianapolis is the most stressed out city
- Human resources is the most stressful profession
- Women feel more stress than men
- Money and work are the things that survey respondents feel the most stress about
- Too little sex is not good for your stress level — nor, apparently, is too much
PHOTO: Chris Davis/Emmis