Jasper Mailman Credited With Saving Woman From Fire
JASPER, Ind. -- A postman from southern Indiana did more than just deliver the mail on Tuesday morning: he saved a woman's life.
Shane Nicholson was delivering mail when he spotted smoke coming from a house on Birk Drive, Jasper fire officials told WEVV-TV.
Nicholson abandoned his rounds and helped the woman out of the burning house.
Jasper firefighters saved a dog and a cat from the home.
The Jasper Fire Chief told WEVV that the woman was severely burned and is being at a Louisville hospital. No one else was injured in the fire.
Fire investigators said Tuesday that the blaze began when the woman attempted to light a cigarette and ended up setting her recliner and coffee table on fire.
— Jasper Police Dept. (@JasperCityPD) February 6, 2018
(Photo by Jessica Rinaldi/The Boston Globe via Getty.)