Man Dies In House Fire Caused By Smoking Near Oxygen Tank, Say Firefighters

Advertisement

Local News

News > Local News > Man Dies In House Fire Caused By Smoking Near Oxygen Tank, Say Firefighters

Man Dies In House Fire Caused By Smoking Near Oxygen Tank, Say Firefighters

The Indianapolis Fire Department says the man is the first person to die in a fire this year in their district.

INDIANAPOLIS -- One man is dead after investigators say he was smoking next to an oxygen tank and a fire started in his bedroom.

 

Battalion Chief Rita Reith with the Indianapolis Fire Department says it happened around 2 a.m. at a home on Meadowlark Drive near East 46th Street and Pendleton Pike on the northeast side.

 

Firefighters say the man, who was in his seventies, died at the hospital.

 

No one else was hurt in the fire.

 

This is the first person to die in a fire this year in the IFD district.

 

 

Photo: Provided by the Indianapolis Fire Department

Local News
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — The Indianapolis Fire Department is launching a program aimed at helping animals. The...
Local News
INDIANAPOLIS -- Residents of I-70 Mobile Home Park are being told by the owners of the property they have 60 days...