Advertisement

Local News

News > Local News > Muncie Man Dies In House Fire

Muncie Man Dies In House Fire

Robert Mead with the Muncie Fire Department said they believe the fire started because of smoking in bed.

MUNCIE, Ind. -- A Muncie man died on Tuesday morning after his house caught on fire.

Delaware County Coroner Rick Howell, identified the man as Phillip Beaty.

Beaty was found in an area of the house that was not damaged by flames, said the Muncie Star Press. Emergency medical personnel tried to resuscitate him at the scene.

Chief Investigator of the Muncie Fire Department, Robert Mead, said they believe the fire started because of smoking in bed.

The fire is under investigation while it waits for the results of toxicology tests.

(Photo by: Thinkstock/blurAZ)

Local News
(INDIANAPOLIS) - Budget negotiators have a deal on a new two-year spending plan, with a final vote planned for...
Local News
(INDIANAPOLIS) - The Indy Eleven, the Indiana Pacers, and the Convention Center all get what they wanted from a...