Salvation Army Will Open Cooling Centers During Heat Wave
INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Air-conditioning on the fritz at your place? Or just looking for a place to cool down?
The Salvation Army will open cooling centers in Indianapolis beginning Thursday for people looking for relief from the heat.
The National Weather Service has issued an Excessive Heat Warning from 2 p.m. Thursday through 8 p.m. Sunday. Highs in the middle 90s and high humidity will make for dangerous conditions.
Cooling centers in Indianapolis include:
- Eagle Creek Salvation Army || 4400 N. High School Rd.
- Thursday & Friday: 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Fountain Square Salvation Army || 1337 Shelby St.
- Thursday & Friday: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
The Salvation Army said weekend hours may be expanded later.
All Salvation Army locations in central Indiana are available during normal business hours. More weekend locations may be added later, a spokeswoman said by email.
(Photo by WISH-TV.)