Twelve People Busted for Drugs in Columbus
COLUMBUS, Ind. -- A dozen people were arrested for drugs Thursday night in Columbus.
Members of the local Joint Narcotics Enforcement Team raided a home at 2127 California Street shortly after 10 p.m. Thursday.
Inside the house, investigators found one pound of meth, a quarter-ounce of heroin/fentanyl mixture, pot, and prescription drugs, as well as syringes, scales, and drug packaging material.
Meth and some drug paraphernalia were found in the bedroom of a child who was not home at the time of the raid, JNET said.
Officers also found several guns, including two AR-15 rifles, an AK-47, four handguns, ammunition, and a large amount of cash.
Seven people were arrested at the home, including:
- Raheem Gary, 26, of Columbus
- Leslie Carmen, 32, of Columbus
- Jessica Adams, 34, of Columbus
- Dut Tong, 26, of Columbus
- Hugo Alba, 24, of Columbus
- Rachel Cardoso-Nelson, 30, of Clifford,
- Brandon Stephens, 26, of Nineveh
Columbus police also arrested five other people for drugs during traffic stops:
- Jessica Boyce, 40, of Louisville
- Kendra Fields, 23, of Columbus
- Mark Lang, 34, of Columbus
- Alexandra Calhoun, 30, of Edinburgh
- Thomas Kooiman, 51, of Columbus
"Thanks to the hard work of the officers from the Columbus Police Department and the Bartholomew County Sheriff’s Department, we were able to remove a sizable amount of drugs and weapons out of our city last night," said Columbus Chief of Police Jon Rohde.
Charges are pending and no court dates have been announced.
(Photos provided by the Columbus Police Department/JNET.)