Pence Doubles Down On Defense Of President Trump's Phone Call

Advertisement

National

News > National > Pence Doubles Down On Defense Of President Trump's Phone Call

Pence Doubles Down On Defense Of President Trump's Phone Call

He says Joe Biden and his family should be investigated over business dealings in Ukraine.

 

SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. -- Vice President Mike Pence is defending President Trump's phone call with the president of Ukraine.  

Speaking Thursday in Arizona, Pence said the fact that Joe Biden's son was paid $50,000 a month to be on a Ukrainian oil company's board is "worth looking into." 

"I think the American people have the right to know if the vice president of the United States, or his family, profited from his position as vice president in the last administration," said Pence.

Pence said there was "no quid pro quo and no pressure" in President Trump's phone call with the Ukrainian president. A whistleblower's complaint accuses the White House of pressuring Ukraine to investigate Biden and his son Hunter. 

The phone call is the reason an impeachment inquiry is underway on Capitol Hill. Your lawmakers appear to be toeing the party line. 

Yesterday Indiana Rep. Jim Banks (R-IN-03) accused Democrat Congressman Adam Schiff of lying about what was said in a transcript of the phone call in a House committee hearing last week.

Indianapolis Democrat Rep. Andre Carson says Republicans are gas lighting to try and protect the president.

24/7 Newssource contributed to this article

---

(PHOTO: Peter Summers/Getty Images)

National
WASHINGTON -- Vice President Mike Pence says U.S. troops in Syria are "coming home." Pence spoke at a gala in...
National
PLAINS, Ga. -- Former President Jimmy Carter is in the hospital after a fall at his Georgia home. The 95-year-old...